Kerman Contracting Pty Ltd (Kerman) is a successful West Australian based company, specialising in the design and construction of major industrial projects associated with Mining and Infrastructure sectors throughout Australia.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and productive work environment with a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Kerman is in an exciting growth phase with a stable market position, strong focus on quality of product/service and safety of our people and a culture that is socially responsible.
- We invest in our people creating opportunities for career development and growth.
- We promise an excellent work environment and a great camaraderie within co-workers all of which is supported by a strong senior leadership team.
- You will be working on exciting projects with a great work life balance offering flexibility.
- You will have autonomy in your role as we believe empowering our people is what drives our success.
- We offer generous compensation and rewards.
A first class project located in a challenging remote location for a large resources company based in Australia. The Project consists of the construction of a 350 – 500 person Camp within the Musgrave Ranges area of Western Australia including camp accommodation, kitchen dining hall facilities, high tech sports and recreation facilities, and Non-process Infrastructure Administration Centre. The Project contains both modularised and in-situ construction solutions incorporating high end finishes to provide a home away from home permanent village.
The Project Engineer is responsible for leading all technical activities on assigned projects, including planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating assigned engineering work.
The role is also responsible for monitoring works for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other projects participants.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Work in close conjunction with Management team and project scheduler to streamline schedule and coordinate engineering activities.
- Supervision and management of electrical subcontractor in relation to all technical/quality/contractual matters.
- Assist with the preparation of quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, design.
- Assist with the compilation and administration of project variations.
- Assists with the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications.
- Assists with the preparation of designs, drawings, plans and specifications for projects, engineered systems, technical equipment or components.
- Review drawings to identify problems and recommend solutions and taking preventive steps for correction.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company, other contractors and client.
- Provide risk assessments for construction activities.
- Facilitate JHA’s.
- Perform worksite inspections as required.
- Prepare work method statements.
- Perform other duties within the organisation that may be necessary to suit operational requirements Perform other duties within the organisation that may be necessary to suit operational requirements.
- Take responsibility for your own safety, uphold the Company OHS&E policies and participate in Company OHS&E initiatives.
Key Performance Indicators / Performance Metrics
- Achievement of project target performance in safety, environmental, time, quality, cost and Human Resources.
- Accurate and timely reporting of project performance measures.
- Development and maintenance of working relationships with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Willingness to provide suggestions for improvement and assist in other aspects of the business when required.
- Site maintained in a safe manner.
- Up to date and accurate QA documentation.
- Timely and accurate project reporting.
- Timely and accurately prepared short term programs.
- Accurate and timely prepared TQ’s, NOD’s and EOT’s.
- Achievement of agreed milestones.
- Experience in the Construction Industry.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with client, management, team members and site personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Accepting of direction from Site Management.
- Understanding diversity within a project environment is essential.
- BSc Civil Engineering or similar.
- Main Contractor experience.
- Exposure to management of the design process.
- Experience with Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project (advantageous).
- Experience on Remote NPI construction and methodologies.
- Experience with Remote Camp Construction (permanent Camp).
- Experience and understanding of Minerals Resources clients.
- Internal Stakeholder management.
- Flexible with exposure to other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to multi task and work across multiple disciplines (advantageous).
- Large scale project exposure (up to and in excess of $100M) preferred not essential.
Kerman is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
We respectfully request no agency submissions, thank you.